Boise, Idaho

Bought a Maytag washer last fall. Read Maytag reviews and am sure they only post the good ones. It is the worst appliance we have ever purchased. Here is why:

1) not enough water to clean clothes. Clothes always come out still dirty. Stains or tough dirt forget about getting out. Have tried pouring water into cycle when I can to see if that help. Have to use power wash, extra rinse, and extra clean to even sort of get clothes clean.

2) not enough water to even rinse out the soap --Many times I have had to redo loads to get the wet soap out of sheets, etc. Have gone to more expensive detergents to see if it helps get clothes clean and get the detergent rinsed out of clothes.

3) takes FOREVER to wash. Not way to do short cycle or there is no water, Plan on between 1 1/2 to 2 hours per load. I understand it is suppose to save water -- to heck with the power bill.

4) takes forever to open and restart if you find another piece of clothing you want to add

5) takes forever to start it. too many choices--to many gizmos that I am sure won't last very long.

HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

WP2008

Dear AbaftSumatranElephant862: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you. Maytag Social Care

h.kitchener

I have found that when purchasing appliances, it is usually best to buy the basic, no-frills/no bells and whistles model. Never buy an extended warranty and when it breaks and you cannot fix it yourself, just buy a new one and get on with life.

In your case, it appears you bought a high-end washer altho you don't say which model. If it is a front loader, not only are they expensive, but apparently don't work too well anyway from the complaints/reviews I have read.

The old top loader, basic model works well and costs far less. Take the hit and dump your new Maytag and buy a cheaper basic model of any brand you like---they are all cheaply made and made for quick obsolescence.