Maytag - Washer-less then two years old. Four service calls

My washer started running on it's own shortly after I purchased it.After the first service call I called them ten minutes after the guy left.

They came back again and Maytag had offered to replace the machine. I should have. They "fixed" it again. The third time I called it wasn't spinning right.

He then tells me it wasn't installed correctly. Really? The first two clowns didn't tell me that. So he "fixed" it.

Now it's not spinning again and starting on it's own again. I asked to replace the machine when I called the third time, and of course now that offer was no where in any notes so it was off the table. I've contacted Maytag and haven't heard a word back from them. I will NEVER buy a Maytag again if they don't fix this issue.

I also will NEVER buy an appliance from Home Depot again because they're extended service warranty company is a joke.

The first people you contact have no clue and are incompetent.Live and learn!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 08 #1091127 Hoffman Estates, Illinois

Home Depot has been working diligently to resolve my issue. They have been very persistent, and wanted me to be satisfied with the outcome. They agreed to refund the entire purchase taxes and all. I am still waiting for the refund card, which will be Home Depot credit, but I am satisfied that they agreed to that. I am going to shop for a new machine this weekend. Maytag did call me at some point and left a message because I also complained on their corporate website, but I never returned their call. They had replied that the extended warranty should handle the repair. Won't buy Maytag again. I've heard from several people, they are not what they use to be.

0 0 Reply

Dec 06, 2015 #1074719

Either your house is haunted or the May tag horrible repair ghost is upon you. Either ways a lawyer would help.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.