1520 Georgia Highway 16 W, Griffin, GA 30223

In September 2018 I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer. I was told the washer had a sensor that saves water.

I was shown two different choices for water; one which sensed the amount of water needed, and one which looked like you could choose the water level yourself. I was never told that you could not manually choose the water level. I called a repairman in January because I had tried everything shown in the manual and the washer was not working as it should. It did not fill with water, I had clothes that never got wet, the clothes were still dirty, and the clothes had soap on them.

I had an extended warranty, but was charged $85.00 because the repairman said the washer worked correctly. He told me that I could only fill the washer 1/4 full, use less soap than recommended in the manual, always use the bedding cycle, and use the double rinse cycle. So, now I do laundry almost daily because I can only fill the washer tub 1/4 full, I have to wash dirt off the clothes before putting them in the washer because the washer will not have enough water to get the clothes clean, and I am not saving any water by washing more frequently and using the double rinse cycle.

I contacted Maytag and they have not responded to me. DON'T BUY A WASHER WITH A WATER SENSOR FEATURE!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: A different washer.

Maytag Cons: No solution to the problem.

• Maytag Washer Model Mvwb865Gw0

Comments

h.kitchener

I seem to recall something about the government mandating more water-saving in washers and other appliances and the sensors regulating the amount of water in the basin. Do a web search for something like "new washer water rules" or similar.