Ease of Use

I own a Maytag Maxima 6000 washer. It was supposed to last a good 10 years - at least, according to the fact that is has a 10 year drum/motor warranty, I took that into account when I purchased my machine.

My washer suffered a minor injury in a move, such that the front control panel and electrical board were broken. Easy fix (not too terribly pricey, when compared with buying a brand new machine of equal caliber).......unless they no longer make that part.

Apparently, there is nothing that can be done because that particular part is not actually under warranty. So, even though I am perfectly willing to pay for that part because my machine should theoretically last me another 5+ years, Maytag customer service rep "Blake 6181" believes there is nothing anyone can do for me there at the Maytag corporation.

So, I am here to let the public know NOT to believe Maytag's lengthy warranty claims......if the part you need is not actually under warranty, they might decide they will not make it anymore - and then you are just out of luck - your appliance doesn't actually get to live its full life, and apparently Maytag really just doesn't care at all that you wasted your money.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "either replace my machines with new machines of equal value....i must have matching machines....or refund my original purchase price of $1500 so i can go find my own" as the author lost $1500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Maytag. The most disappointing about maytag washing machine from Maytag was inaccessibility of parts needed , but reviewer liked machine until it broke. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Maytag.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Maytag to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments