I purchased a Maytag washer from Home Depot, the first time I tried to use it, it flooded the basement, obviously a defective product (it was properly installed).

After calling Maytag and being told that the policy was to repair the washer, not replace it, I was forced to wait two more days and take the morning off work to meet the repair people. That morning after 9:00am, the repair company called to cancel due to the weather, I'm sure they could have determined that at an earlier time and I wouldn't have missed three hours of work.

A &E Factory Service refused to reschedule the appointment at a time that would prevent me from further work absence. They told me to call Maytag since they could not meet my needs. When I did so, I was told that Maytag could not control the repair company's schedule and I was out of luck.

At that point, I decided to return both the washer and dryer and get my money back, but was appeased by Home Depot when they offered to replace the machine and remove the broken one.

Unfortunately, the delivery date turned out to be a record snow storm and it was cancelled and rescheduled for one week later.

It is now two weeks later, I still have a broken washer in the basement, I have made several trips to the laundrymat, missed over three hours of work and make countless phone calls.

Review about: Maytag Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments