Resolved
2.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 26

Company paid for replacement of pump and motor. I still had to pay the labor but it was out of warranty, so...

I did learn one thing, while this model machine is designed to clean your dishes - it is not designed to get rid of excess food. The debris clogs the intake which affects the ability of the pump and motor to move water and voila! I can only speak for this machine. I will have to partially clean dishes before putting them in and I still would not buy this model again.

I will research in the future how a machine gets rid of the food it washes off. And I will have to research as to who makes the machine - Maytag also manufactures other brands which was news to me.

I will also pay closer attention to extended warranties since the repair cost - if I had paid all of it - was more than new one. A lesson learned.

Original review posted by user Sep 17

The machine is less that 2 years old. It leaks, needs new pump and motor and, of course, does not clean.

Misleading 10 year warranty plate on the front only applies to things that cannot wear out. Went to Maytag because of the name. I would not recommend this product to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Need to replace your dishwasher - don't look to Maytag - the product in my opinion and experience, is a complete rag.

And the customer service is openly hostile.

Other than maybe they just like to hear complaints, I cannot see what they are there for. They provide no real help and do not appear to have the authority to do anything!!!

If you need a new dishwasher - Maytag is not the way to go.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Junk appliances, Poor quality product, Short time of working.

Comments

WP2008

WingedClownFish516, we're very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your Maytag Dishwasher. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com with your Reviewer ID 1358027, name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, date of purchase on the appliance and the website you were contacted on (pissedconsumer).