Ease of Use
Style and Design

In April of 2016, I purchased a new washer/dryer.I decided to go with Maytag because the warranty looked better and I was led to believe they have their own service techs.

All of this turned out to be a lie. After about 2 months, the washer stopped working. I went online and chatted with a customer service rep. She told me, I had to call and schedule a service call.

I called and they set up a service call for the next day with a company called A-Direct. I came to find out this is some sort of scam company doing their service calls. They called me half way through my appointment time to schedule to come out. Their next available was something like 2 weeks out.

A-Direct told me that they don't give Maytag, their actual availability so they can book more service calls. I called Maytag to let them know and there was nothing they could do. I inquired about what my warranty and return options were at this time since Maytag couldn't hold up their end. I was told by the CSR that my warranty with Maytag is fictional.

Nothing is covered for 10 years and they only do a 1-year limited warranty. The scam company did eventually come out and they failed to fix the washer. The tech didn't know what he was doing and was generally unprofessional. We contacted Lowes and they had a different company come out.

They had to replace a part of the washer. It worked for about 4 months before it stopped working again and we had to call for another service call. This time, it was a faulty connection or something. Now, the dryer we bought at the same time doesn't heat on timed dry.

This has been a complete nightmare and Maytag's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.All I want is my money back so I can buy a working washer/dryer.

I didn't like: Customer service, Not honoring the warranty, Quality of equipment, False advertising.

Comments

WP2008

Thank you for contacting Maytag regarding your Washer as well as the Dryer. We are happy to help with any warranty repairs that are needed to bring your appliances back to proper working order but we will need your model and serial number, your address, your user ID, your Review ID Number (1158657), and date of purchase emailed to Maytag_Review@maytag.com.