Regarding Maytag Double Wall Oven MEW7627AS. All my appliances have been Maytag so I just called Lowes and ordered a new double wall oven in my price range.

It was Maytag so I knew it would be great. WRONG!!! As soon as it was installed we turned it on and the fans in the oven came on and oh my gosh! This is a very large kitchen 1k sq.

ft. and we could not hear the TV at the other end of the room. Unbelievable! So I called Maytag.

The service man and I got into a screaming fight on the phone until he said "Lady if you turn off the fan the oven will MELT!. That's right, that is what he said. THE OVEN WOULD MELT. I hung up and went to look at the oven.

I had taken down a wall to take out the old oven and install the new one so one wall beside the oven was not there. The metal walls of this oven were from 1/4" to 1/2" thick. No wonder. It all made sense then.

The oven will melt if you turn off that obscenely loud oven FAN.

The walls were very thin with little or no insulation. I returned the oven to Lowes the next day and bought a good and different brand oven that was quiet and only a couple hundred more.

Review about: Maytag Range.

Comments