After Maytag came out to repair a recall problem on my dishwasher, (small little thing like it "could" catch fire) it never worked properly again. Also, another by the way - it took them almost 2 months to get out here and fix the recall problem. They told me not to use my dishwasher thru that time. But you know, I bought a dishwasher, because I wanted a dishwasher. Go a couple of weeks with no dishwasher? Yeah - go two months without one? No. The tech didn't even bother to apologize for the long wait. But thats not why I am writing.

I guess it was 3 or 4 days after the repair, I called the corporate number to tell them the dishwasher just wasn't cleaning like it did before the repair and the little thing where you put the rinse agent in was leaking too. Something that never happened before their "repair". So the nice people at Maytag said ... sorry and gave me the number of the local certified Maytag repair person. They also informed me that I would have to pay for the repair! I mean come on, I realize the problems could have been totally unrelated to their "rebate repair", but isnt' it a little weird that a 3 year old machine was fine until their guy takes the inside cover off?

My parents always bought Maytag - so I followed suit. But this is one tradition, I am terminating. I will never buy anything Maytag or Maytag related...and I run apartment complexes (evil grin) meaning - I make the purchase decisions for appliances, carpet, etc etc. Our company owns and operates over 10,000 apartments in 3 different cities....so maybe Maytag thinks they screwed one woman that may need appliances every 10 years or so - but between my big mouth (telling people what they did) and my purchasing power - I can tell you - they have lost a lot more than a few thousand dollars the normal home owner spends on appliances.

Review about: Maytag Dishwasher.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #205393

You may find it hard not to buy a Maytag related appliance. Maytag and many other appliace brands have been bought by Whirlpool. Once they dominated the market they shortened all warranties to one year in hope of selling more extended warranties.

Westchase, Florida, United States #205390

Jennifer a bit too late ...we purchased a another brand...

which we should have done long ago. Want to hear some sweet sweet karma though? While we were shopping for a new dishwasher. I ...

single handly stopped 4 people who were looking at Maytag appliances!

And now as Christmas approaches, I will be out there again to buy some electronics and a few appliances as gifts for my kids and in laws...guess what...whenever I have the chance, I am going to tell this story to people shopping.

Here is what I hope happens - is that people WILL start to do this when they buy a bad product or get bad service.Because I think consumers are much more cautious with their money these days, and I think people are going to listen to complaints and compliments - just like back in the good old days.

dishesinlayton
#200882

wow, sounds like our problem, we're pretty sure the recall repair is what started the problem.We'd had the dishwasher less than 18 months.

Who's at fault, AE Factory Service or Maytag (who made the service appointments).btw, NO ONE told be about a "trip" charge which we got stuck with, they continually point the finger at each other.

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have experienced with your Maytag dishwasher! Please send me an email through our customer service address, Maytag_Digital@maytag.com and type 'Attention: Jennifer' in the subject line, and I would be happy to try to help resolve the situation with your dishwasher.