N't buy Whirlpool / Maytag Appliances maybe have defective parts that could cause a fire
On Memorial Day my refrigerator.decided to act like it was the forth of July.
Sparks were flying and black smoke shot out of it. I called Maytay the next day and they told me to quit using it and they would be sending someone out. They sent AZ Appliance out and the gentlement told me I would have to pay for the Parts and Labor if I wanted it fixed. That he was there for the customer which was Whirlpool.
I told Him I did not think I should be responsible for the repair because the part almost started a fire and that was not normal wear. Also how do I know that the part they put back in it would not catch on fire too? I know it is 12 years old but at 1100.00 dollars what is the life expectancy on your refrigerators. Are all of your older refrigerators fire hazzards?
If this would have been normal wear and tare I would never expect your company to pay for repairs but this part is defective and a fire hazzard. I think to help clear this matter up you should clearly state what the life expectancy for your product line is. I mean others maybe at risk here. What do you think?
Also I posted a picture of the Defective part on facebook and someone with your company deleted it.If this was norman wear and tear why hide it?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Side By Side Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "after 3 calls to the repair company, 1 to customer service, a trip back to the store of purchased and posting on facebook maytag washers suck then a call from..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "Bought this pack from meijers. Got two grey pairs the style of the picture on box.. though ones a small and the other is an XL. The two black pair..."
- "Car accident, not my fault, insurance company wants to total car out, but I still owe over 7000 for a 1900 car and they tell me I still have to..."
- "If you receive a yellow post card saying welcome to your new home and to call Mrs. Mayes for your free welcoming gift. DONâ€™T! itâ€™s a huge scam itâ€™s a..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."