N't buy Whirlpool / Maytag Appliances maybe have defective parts that could cause a fire
On Memorial Day my refrigerator.decided to act like it was the forth of July.
Sparks were flying and black smoke shot out of it. I called Maytay the next day and they told me to quit using it and they would be sending someone out. They sent AZ Appliance out and the gentlement told me I would have to pay for the Parts and Labor if I wanted it fixed. That he was there for the customer which was Whirlpool.
I told Him I did not think I should be responsible for the repair because the part almost started a fire and that was not normal wear. Also how do I know that the part they put back in it would not catch on fire too? I know it is 12 years old but at 1100.00 dollars what is the life expectancy on your refrigerators. Are all of your older refrigerators fire hazzards?
If this would have been normal wear and tare I would never expect your company to pay for repairs but this part is defective and a fire hazzard. I think to help clear this matter up you should clearly state what the life expectancy for your product line is. I mean others maybe at risk here. What do you think?
Also I posted a picture of the Defective part on facebook and someone with your company deleted it.If this was norman wear and tear why hide it?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Side By Side Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "I am writing on behalf of my elderly parents (ages 86 & 89) who purchased a Maytag refrigerator in 2008. I do not have the model or serial number for..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "Ordered a boquet for my daughter for her birthday. Asked for white dasies and yellow flowers. And she recieved the ugliest boquet i have ever seen!!! I called..."
- "If you receive a yellow post card saying welcome to your new home and to call Mrs. Mayes for your free welcoming gift. DONâ€™T! itâ€™s a huge scam itâ€™s a..."
- "I got car car loan with Santander USA. I have made payments on my automobile every month. I know twice I called in and told the company I was unable..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."