N't buy Whirlpool / Maytag Appliances maybe have defective parts that could cause a fire

On Memorial Day my refrigerator.decided to act like it was the forth of July.

Sparks were flying and black smoke shot out of it. I called Maytay the next day and they told me to quit using it and they would be sending someone out. They sent AZ Appliance out and the gentlement told me I would have to pay for the Parts and Labor if I wanted it fixed. That he was there for the customer which was Whirlpool.

I told Him I did not think I should be responsible for the repair because the part almost started a fire and that was not normal wear. Also how do I know that the part they put back in it would not catch on fire too? I know it is 12 years old but at 1100.00 dollars what is the life expectancy on your refrigerators. Are all of your older refrigerators fire hazzards?

If this would have been normal wear and tare I would never expect your company to pay for repairs but this part is defective and a fire hazzard. I think to help clear this matter up you should clearly state what the life expectancy for your product line is. I mean others maybe at risk here. What do you think?

Also I posted a picture of the Defective part on facebook and someone with your company deleted it.If this was norman wear and tear why hide it?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 19, 2011 #301513

The CPSC has a new website called "Saferproducts.gov". You should post your complaint and picture of the burned circuit board. They will notify the manufacturer and give them 10 days to respond before publishing your complaint and their response. This government site is for consumers to report safety issues and it provides manufacturer to an opportunity to do something about it.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Maytag. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Maytag.
Filing a new complaint about