Verified Reviewer

MayTag Washing machine

purchased 03/18 from Mullets Appliances, 4233 Clark Road, Sarasota, FL 34233, 941-921-****

Serial #C7515****

Model #MHW8200FC0

On 4/25/21 the washing machine would fill, wash and then when it was supposed to spin it would start pumping the water out, lock the door and run for about 8 minutes and quit. We recycled it numerous times and it always did the same thing.

We googled a local repair service Certified Appliance Repair Services LLC, 978 S River Rd., Englewood, FL, 941-361-**** and Jonathon came to our house to look at the unit. I chose them because they had a giant MAYTAG emblem in their ad. I told him what it had been doing and he said he had seen this many times before. He spun the basket and wiggled it and showed me how lop sided it was and you could hear something rumbling around in the drum or behind it.

He told me the drum was bad and that the unit was shot and not worth repairing. I told him the unit was only 3 years old and a Maytag! He said he had seen this numerous times before. I explained the basket was under warranty and he advised that I call Maytag about the repair.

I called Maytag customer service and got a lovely lady somewhere in Tennessee.

(I assume you record these calls so you can verify this) I explained what was going on and she indicated that the PART was covered but not the LABOR and that they would have to send someone from a Maytag certified repair to verify the basket was bad. She mentioned a company that started with Flamingo something. She put me on hold to call them, then returned after a while and told me that the appointment could be scheduled on 5-21, almost a month from now. I told her that the date was unacceptableDo you really think I can not do wash for 30 days?

It also occurred to me that the part would have to be ordered she indicated that might take up to 20 days, it depends she said, so that is 41 days and then we would have to reschedule a repair appointment to install the part.. Seems I would be without a washer for about 2 months, COMPLETELY unacceptable. She offered to pay the Laundromat fees but I told her in this neck of the woods I would not even know where to find one and if I did during COVID I dont think I would like to use a public facility. Told her I think I am just going to Kick it to the curb.

As I said she was very pleasant but wasnt able to improve these dates. SSSSOOOOO.

I went online with Best Buy and ordered another MAYTAG washer. I have always had such confidence in the brand believing it to be the top of the tier in appliances. Maybe it was all the Maytag commercials I saw as a kid!

Perhaps this was just a lemon. My new unit was delivered today and registered by text message today as well. It is a model MHW6630HC2, serial number CX49 0****. All in ,with the pedestal, tax, delivery fees and EXTENDED WARRANTY (this time ) it was over $1700.00

Here is how I feel: I am happy to be washing again, I am not happy my Maytag lasted only 3 years (there are only 2 of us in the household) I am not happy that timing would not allow me to take advantage of the 10 year warranty and I am not happy to have to spend 1700.00!

I only Pray my Maytag dryer doesnt go belly up too. I replaced this washer with another Maytag, (call me crazy) but I believe in the brand. I DO feel that it would be fair for Maytag to at least refund to me the cost that they would have borne for replacing the tub, plus the 89.00 service call that was necessary for me to make in the first place. I await you reply.

sincerely,

chevy427bb@***.com

5-2-21 Tried to call customer experience center- ON HOLD FOREVER!, tried to CHAT, input all info, pressed send, got error message!

Called Corporate, told switchboard my issue, she said I will transfer you to the executive team then transferred me to a phone that rang once then got a busy tone. How do companies get so screwed up?

Location: Miami, Florida