1.8
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased my Maytag Centennial washer/ dryer set in Dec 2010. It has the 'he' technology- an idealistic hoax, I mean, belief that your clothes can still be clean with less water usage. Well, for the last 5 years, I have been wearing dirty, stinky (mildew or hot dryer scented) clothes. I blamed myself. I was just too dirty to get my clothes clean. This stench put me into a downward spiral. My kids started to stink, my husband too (that's nothing new). I began to eat, I stopped working out, I started shopping online. I became a recluse... My kids tried to help- they started showering with their clothes on- using Tide as body soap and shampoo, Downy as Conditioner... They figured if they smelled like clean clothes, I start hugging them again. It worked for a time. But then they stopped showering, altogether. While my husband felt right at home, the rest of us hit bottom. The stench of our clothes put us into a deep depression. Even the dog ran away.

But then I had an epiphany... Maybe it wasn't me? Maybe it was my Maytag set? I did some research and noted I wasn't the only one with this problem!! When the realization hit me that it wasn't my fault that my clothes weren't clean, I 'broke into my happy dance'. I called my shrink and cancelled my daily appointments. All of them!! I started paying attention to my washer and realized that my clothes were half dry when removed, and it was NOT because of that ferocious spin cycle- it just never got enough water to begin with. The soap was never fully absorbed by the clothes- therefore, the dirt remained! I attached the video I titled 'Why I hate my Maytag Centennial Washer'.

The video is a continuous 2 min 27 sec to show proof of why my clothes are never clean. Do NOt buy this washer (or dryer- never dries it on the first round).

As for the future of this set... You know the fax machine moment in Office Space? I relive that moment everytime I toss a load in. I picture it in my mind what it would be like for me, the Husband and the kids to grab a bat and go to town on it. One day, when my husband finally caves, I am going to purchase a new set and move that washer to the backyard.

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 09, 2016.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1178037

Have the same problem with Maytag washer. Never buy again.

#1172046

My clothes come out dirtier than when they went in. Dark clothes come out with white marks, looks like soap/lack of water issue. this is the worst machine i have ever owned.

to Anonymous #1172829

Same here! I used to use powder detergent and got the same chalky white residue marks.

I switched to liquid Tide- the soap is still there but more invisible.

Hate this washer.