2.2K views

I purchased not one but two maytag/whirlpool top loader washer machines and the matching dryers.After constantly finding holes and tears in our clothing and realizing that the washer machine was the culprit.

I then contacted Maytag/Whirlpool and they tried to say that it was the fault of the operator, that I must be loading the machine wrong, I insisted that I had read the owners manual and was aware of the proper loading procedure. I was then contacted by Matthew Ganus the following day, from Maytag, and was told that they have multiple customers with similar cases of stretching, ripping, or not cleaning clothing; If this is the case why have these machines not been recalled? He said the reason for the ruined clothing was due to the washer either being over loaded or loaded wrong, that it should only have maximum of 7-8 items of clothing. Once again I explained that I was aware of how to load the washer machine.

He then advised me to put the load on bulky which I have done in the past and I informed him that all it does is knot my clothing. He provided me with his email to send photos of the destroyed clothing so that he could take it to his boss. I will send the photos but unfortunately, I have lost all faith in this company. He told me that since I am one month past my warranty the best that he could do right now would be to possibly give me a discount on a new washer, are you kidding me.

I spent around $4000 for both sets and now they're asking me to purchase another one of their machines, NEVER AGAIN. I guess we will see what his boss says.

It would be nice if they could at least pay me for every item of clothing that their machine has ruined.I will be writing a letter to corporate, if anyone else has any complaints you can find the address as well as the CEO's name below:Jeff Fettig553 Benson RdBenton Harbor, MI 49022Also, twitter and Facebook are great ways of being heard!!!

Comments

I am having the same issue and am ready to take a hammer to the washing machine!Since day 1, it has been ruining my towels and clothing!.

I contacted Whirlpool several times. They sent the repair person out twice. Replaced the washer with the SAME washer and SAME problem is happening. Sent the repair person out again.

I have called several more times and they have closed the case with the label "operator error". I am BEYOND frustrated.

I would NEVER EVER purchase a MAYTAG or WHIRLPOOL appliance ever again!!!!I would NOT recommend this washer or anything else from them!

Mine tears up my towels. All of my towels have huge holes in them.

We are experiencing the same, holes in our t-shirts, some pants and bed sheets.I found in my research that GE customers experienced the same issue and the engineer established that the boot is causing the the clothes to rip (the "boot" is the large rubber gasket at the opening of the washer) and the new boot on the washer covers a ring of plastic just on the outside of the metal drum (the plastic rim remains stationary while the metal drum spins - this is the cause of the ripped clothing) - the old boot left this plastic ring exposed.As an alternate plan, to avoid buying a new washer, since Maytag is not offering assistance is: buy 2 large mesh or polyester fabric laundry bags, like the college kids bring home.

Evenly place wash in the two bags, so they weigh about the same. Pplace in the washer--and no more rips. This also prevents unbalanced loads.

The clothes come out just as clean.Fix cost about $15!!

Mine does the same. Had it for 5 years and I hate it. Constant problems with it..

I share your pain, purchased a Maytag front load...Piece of crap.

Every other load is tearing holes in our clothing. I had an LG washer before this one and parts kept breaking that balance the drum finally yielding a flood from a split pump.. my guess would be from the vibration...

and No we do not ever overload the machines.Thinking about going back to a top load..last one lasted 17 years

I had the same problem you did.I found a solution that I am praying will work for you.

I decided to change my settings to the following and I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did my clothes not get torn up, I was able to keep ALL my loads at this setting regardless of the weight of my load. I DID make sure that I kept the majority of the clothes of each load to stay similar in weight, such as all blue jeans, for example so the machine would not go off balance.

The following is what I put my washer settings on: heavy soil, and HAND WASH.Hope it goes well!

Awful washer.Has put tears & holes in all of my kitchen & bath towels.

Pulls & overstretches clothes that are made of stretchy materials like athletic gear and undergarments. Totally ruined a couple of vintage garments. Doesn't get clothes clean. Doesn't rinse out the soap.

The worst product I have ever encountered. The worst customer service since they won't take it back! Like i have$500+ dollars to waste!

Speed queen all the way from here on out.Like a previous poster said, total SCAM!

Ed Martin, Dover, DE.SAME PROBLEM WITH MAYTAG WASHER “ BRAVOS XL” NO HELP FROM MAYTAG OR LOWES.

7 sets of trousers, shirts, sheets. It eats them all; won’t drain water on Nirmal cycle, MAYTAG IS AN EMBARASSMENT. NEVER BUY MAYTAG IR WHIRLPOOL - SAME COMPANY. LOWES DOES NOTHING.

REPAIR VENDOR DID NOTHING.IT IS ALL A SCAM (302) 382-1736

Wish I had seen this before I purchased my washer and dryer last week. The very first load I did I noticed a pair of sweatpants was shredded at the top but just kind of thought maybe I hadn't noticed it before and continued to do laundry. I just got done washing my mattress pad which was the only thing in the washer and it shredded it, super pissed off!

Yes!!!I have the same problem with my Maytag Bravos and I was also offered a discount on a new washer.

I paid $700 for the washer, $1400 for the set. There were offering for me to pay another $700 for another washer.

What I learned: do your research and ALWAYS pay for the warranty.I will now ONLY buy at a knowledgeable appliance store where they steer you towards the washers without complaints!!

Lisa

It seems I have made a mistake purchasing a Maytag Centenial this year (2017).My wife is careful not to overload due to the machine not cleaning the clothes and getting all the soap out.

The Maytag beast has also ripped a couple of shirt sleeves.Depressing to see so many others are having the issue.

Hello,

I have just bought the Maytag washer in February 2017, and it is destroying clothes.now I see that this is a common problem.

Have any had the same problem ?

why aren't they recalling the machine and why are they still selling it in its condition ?why haven't they found a solution for this problem ?!

This is really upseting !

Thanks

Hillsborough Township, New Jersey, United States #1192485

I have had this Maytag Bravo top load washer for 2 years now and have gone through so many torn clothes and holes that I have decided to just throw out the machine and buy a different make. To add insult to injury, the matching Maytag Bravo dryer has gone through two circuit boards already. I will never buy a Maytag again.

I am having the same problem, we need a recall an refund on these machines. If anyone has a solution please email me lloydmiler@gmail.com

Clarksville, Tn.

I have the same problem with my front load washer that i purchased in Jan.2013 from home depot

We are having the very same problem!maytag said that we were the only ones have such a problem.

My wife has had many clothes torn and stretched.We are so frustrated and disappointed with maytag.

Lin Brown

Wilmington, NC

to Anonymous #1023776

It's awful, the washer has even destroyed a set of very expensive sheets.Maytag has yet to do anything about it.

It is so bad that I have resorted to only washing 3 items at a time.

I have a constant pile of clothing due to the 3 item limit.I wonder how many other customers are experiencing the same problem?

Melbourne, Florida, United States #743992

I am also battling this problem bought a washer 2-2013, after 4 repairs Maytag replaced it on 10-24-2013.This machine is also tearing up clothes.

I have lost numerous towels, sheets and clothing items. Called Maytag they are having another repair man out. Called Home Depot where the machine was purchased and was told they cannot do anything because Maytag had replaced the machine that they sold me. I should have put this purchase n my MasterCard instead of my Home Depot card, I could dispute the charges.

You do not have that option with a store card. Wish I had known earlier.

DO NOT BUY MAYTAG.Maytag telling me to call Home Depot - Home Depot tells me I have to deal with Maytag.

I have the same problem with my 1.5 year old MVWC400XW2 washer. The t-shirts, blouses, undergarments get holes in them after going through a wash. looks like I will soon have to be paying for another washer.