Dallas, Texas
4.4K views

I purchased not one but two maytag/whirlpool top loader washer machines and the matching dryers. After constantly finding holes and tears in our clothing and realizing that the washer machine was the culprit.

I then contacted Maytag/Whirlpool and they tried to say that it was the fault of the operator, that I must be loading the machine wrong, I insisted that I had read the owners manual and was aware of the proper loading procedure. I was then contacted by Matthew Ganus the following day, from Maytag, and was told that they have multiple customers with similar cases of stretching, ripping, or not cleaning clothing; If this is the case why have these machines not been recalled? He said the reason for the ruined clothing was due to the washer either being over loaded or loaded wrong, that it should only have maximum of 7-8 items of clothing. Once again I explained that I was aware of how to load the washer machine.

He then advised me to put the load on bulky which I have done in the past and I informed him that all it does is knot my clothing. He provided me with his email to send photos of the destroyed clothing so that he could take it to his boss. I will send the photos but unfortunately, I have lost all faith in this company. He told me that since I am one month past my warranty the best that he could do right now would be to possibly give me a discount on a new washer, are you kidding me.

I spent around $4000 for both sets and now they're asking me to purchase another one of their machines, NEVER AGAIN. I guess we will see what his boss says.

It would be nice if they could at least pay me for every item of clothing that their machine has ruined. I will be writing a letter to corporate, if anyone else has any complaints you can find the address as well as the CEO's name below:Jeff Fettig553 Benson RdBenton Harbor, MI 49022Also, twitter and Facebook are great ways of being heard!!!

Comments

My washer is three years old....I will never buy another Maytag....with all of the posts about holes..it is clear the company knows of the problem....I barely put anything in and clothes are eaten....

Similar problem even on bulky not enough water Filling into.machine, shredding tearing not cleaning items over 100 items have been damaged some of them $75 to 100 Turkish, Egyptian. Hems ripped open. My 500$ sheet sets, fortunately, have been spared.

Our Maytag washer dryer combo is putting holes in our clothes too!

PhonyBurmese770

Similar problem. Getting worse w time...hems, pulls, brand new Egyptian and Turkish bath sheets and towels thousands of dollars damaged.

I have done everything more clothes, less clothes, bulky, delicate(Aggressive on delicate exclamation how dumb). I am glad I got rid of my maytag when I did. I believe one of the major problems is that it does not give us enough water to do the wash. Has anyone received any positive and helpful response from them?

Are they begging for a class-action suit. I have tons of new towels ruined.

If there is a lawyer out there let’s get started. You can contact me at : atpc1964@gmail.com

I have the exact same problem! I will never buy a Maytag again

I have the same problem. Model mvwx655dw1 Anyone ever thought of a law suit?

My Maytag tip loader is tearing up all of my clothes and towels as well!

My two year old Maytag has destroyed a lot of my clothes as well! They come out black and spotted.

I tried to contact Maytag via their email but you have to give a reason in their sub category drop down and there isn’t one to choose from so it doesn’t allow me to send the email?!?!

Definitely will never buy a Maytag again! I do have their number so I’m planning to call them too.

It’s doing the same thing to my clothes

Maytag commercial technology two months old. It took over a month to get the set because we wanted top loader and evidently they have forgotten what those are!

Now 2 months later we Cannot use hot water option because the machine will not drain and spin and it has to be recycled with the drain and spin option.

Now it is also SHREDDING clothing, including my husband's flame retardant work shirts that are super thick and sturdy. Maytag will be getting a call from me and if I'm not satisfied, the next call will be from my attorney!

Same here but mine are front loaders, I have lost track of the items it has destroyed, some clothes brand new and have to be thrown away.

Same problem as everyone else. Clothes have rips, holes, or become stretched out over time.

I follow the instructions, but still happens. I wrote a 1 star review on Home Depot website, but they took it down.

Makes me wonder how many other 1 star reviews are being hidden from consumers. Never buying another Maytag.

We are having the same problem with our washer. Holes in shirts and I mean brand new shirts washed 1 time.

They sent a guy out,(rude as *** and he told us we had it on the wrong water setting. These people think we are idiots I presume.

My wifes shirts are all being ruined by a May tag washer. I want to know why!

I have the same problem.Now I’m collecting my evidences.

I bought a Bravo MCT Maytag and it destroys my clothes as well. I am on a fixed income and can't afford a new one my warranty has ran out.

I gave 530.00 for my washing machine. I have always bought Maytag but never again and I feel as if I am stuck with mine. I bought it 16 months ago and hardly ever use it. I went back to my old one because all my T-shirts have holes in them.

The machine spins so hard that they get stuck in the holes and some of the clothes are o twisted they are stretched.

I have gone by the manual and tried all the cycles. It is just awful.

Just spent 15 minutes bending over the washer and trying to extricate a sheet that got sucked down into the wash drum. Yes, it is now full of holes.

This is a new commercial technology top loading washer just purchased 7 months ago. Yes, I am almost 60 years old and know how to follow directions and load a dang washer!

#1522083

I have the same exact problem. Maytag washer destroys my clothes.

Mostly towels. It has rust all around the bleach port. It is around 2 years old. I will never buy Maytag products again period.

You hear that Maytag?

I paid hard earned money for junk. Never again

#1520257

I have to totally agree. My washing machine has so many of my clothes - if i added the costs of my clothes I could have bought two washing machines by now.

Not happy with my Maytag Bravo and do not recommend the high energy efficient washing machines.

I have tried most washing cycles and have varied the amount of clothes in loads. Do not know what the problem is but this is getting expensive!

I selected a Maytag set for my parents because they where moving across the nation and did not want to move their old ones. I researched extensively different washers and dryers but despite that ended up with a washer that eats bedding.

My parents are being told it is user error also and that just not true, we are talking about one top sheet, one bottom sheet, and two pillow cases. It has eaten sheets now a couple of times. I do work for a retailer that sells appliances and I worked in the Appliance Dept. at one point for many years and I have resolved many issues with different manufactures.

My best experiences of getting things resolved has always been with Maytag/Whirlpool, I hope this will be the case this time. Maytag keeps wanting to sending out a repair company That is dishonest to my parents Home, so beware. The repair company is making claims that it not covered by warranty(when I call Maytag they say it is covered), and that the washer only has a 6 month warranty( all appliances have at least 1 year that I have ever seen).

It is important to know most manufacturers have a no lemon clause, so that means do not drag your feet and have the repair man come out each time the washer drags clothes under the agitator otherwise your one year warranty will be up before you know it. This solely my opinion from my experiences and not necessarily the opinion of my unnamed employer.