2.3
Ease of Use

The control panel, buttons that control the dishwasher lost power twice in a 2 month period. The dishwasher stopped in mid cycle both times.

Repairs are expensive. I started to purchase the part myself but discovered that it costs almost as much as the dishwasher. There are thousands of complaints about this issue on the internet. I can only draw the conclusion that the control panel defect is a deliberate tactic to ensure that the customers who buy this product will ALWAYS have to pay a lot of money to keep it operational.

What a scam! My old dishwasher, a Kenmore (made by Kitchen aide) was 30 years old and going strong before I purchased this rip-off Maytag brand. I want my old dishwasher back!

Maytag should reimburse customers for the repair of this defect, no matter how old the dishwasher is.

It's a constant worry and inconvenience...and a huge expense. Maytag and it's affiliates are scamming the public!

Review about: Maytag Mdbh969Aws Dishwasher.

Reason of review: control pannel issues.

I liked: Machine until it broke.

I didn't like: Planned obsolescence, Deliberately designed defect.

Comments

WP2008

Hi oboe_gal_16, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from pissedconsumer into the email as well.

I have this exact same issue. Happened twice in past 2 years.

Maytag part number 6-919825. Just returned from local parts store after $224 spent.

So frustrating. Anyone know of another lawsuit or how to join existing?

may.camilleri@sympatico.c

I have the same problem with a 6 month old Maytag washer. January on the fritz.

New control panel replaced two days ago. New panel defective again. Whirlpool will not take responsibility. An that is what makes it atrocious.

They keep selling the product knowing that they have a control panel issue.

They replace the defective control panel with another defective control panel. Very bad for them as it will catch up with them eventually.

to may.camilleri@sympatico.c #1443518

Whirlpool makes all of the dishwasher, now. The individual brand names mean absolutely nothing.

If they're making money by deliberately installing a planned defect, why should they change their methods? There have been class action lawsuits about the same issue...the control panel. Sadly, i remember when Kitchenaid was a brand to be proud of. It was more expensive, but well worth it.

Mine lasted over 30 years, but had the old dial and push button controls. There is no pride in workmanship anymore.