I have a Maytag Bravo washer, and I have the same rusting problem around the dispenser that e everyone is commenting on....my machine is 8 years old, and this problem started about 3 yrs ago. We first noticed a minute rust spot on the outside of the plastic dispenser but thought this was no big deal in the beginning, however, the rust area has grown considerably now into the upper rim of the wash bin.

It really looks bad now, however, we not yet noticed any rust getting onto our whites. So, now I'm reading all of these comments, and I'm finding out that this is a problem for other washing machine manufacturers like Samsung and Westinghouse. This is terrible! The material used for the bleach tray is a cheap plastic!

This ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! My machine cost us over $1,300.00 new. We have always used Maytag....my parents used Maytag ever since I can remember, and nothing like this has ever happened.

Yes, the motors have gone out a couple of times, but never this. Really upset over this!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Shabby product, Poor customer support, Poor service.

Comments

My machine is doing the same thing! The rust starts at the bleach dispenser which I have never used because bleach triggers my asthma.

My previous Maytag lasted 20+ years and this one is 9. Bearings also going out. We have extended warranty but rust is "cosmetic" and not covered!

Technician says to buy another Maytag because all machines made now will rust. This is wrong and we have no recourse.

WP2008

Dear ResponsibleSeaDragon741: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you. Maytag Social Care