We bought a Maytag dishwasher less than 2 years ago. Last week it stopped working so we had a repair man come to fix it. It was something that could be fixed but would be more than just buying a new one. We were told that there was a spark which cause parts of the copper wire to melt and melted some other plastic pieces in the control board. The repair man told us to never buy a Maytag dishwasher and it was the 5th machine this week that was either completely broken or would have very costly repairs needed.

We called Maytag to see what they were going to do since the machine was less than 2 years old and could have caused our house to catch fire when it freaking sparked and melted part of the machine. We were told that since it was more than a year old and there were no recalls there is nothing they could do for us.

What kind of a company sells a product that doesn't even work for 2 years. We had just finished paying the *** thing off and now we have to get a new one.

Terrible experience and terrible service by the manager we spoke to who could care less about our call and the fact that we had spent money with their company.

Save yourself the headache and never buy any Maytag appliances!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Maytag and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Maytag.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Maytag to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1093332

If you have to buy a dishwasher on time, you probably cannot really afford one. It is always best to buy a basic appliance and when they break, just throw it out and buy a new one. They are all the same, no matter which brand---cheaply-made and unreliable.