We purchased a Maytag Centennial washer 35 months ago.We noticed our clothes getting discoloring stains on them and after investigating found rust only along the bottom 6 inches of the tub.
We called a repairman to come check it out, according to him the rust wasn't coming from the steel tub with porcelain coating, rather it was coming from the steel backing and was rusting its way through to the tub.
I kindly called Maytag customer service and was told since it was a cosmetic failure they wouldn't do anything. When asked to speak to a supervisor the arrogant customer "service" rep said "I am authorized to handle this matter." and straight up refused letting me speak to a supervisor. I called back and got a different rep and asked the same thing and was also denied.
Long story short, less than 3 year old washer, full of rust, Maytag won't do a thing about it.
The only help I got was from the Home Depot where I purchased it from that gave me $75 off of a 10% appliance sale.Needless to say we didn't and won't ever be purchasing a Maytag appliance again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Maytag Centennial Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I purchased my Maytag Centennial washer/ dryer set in Dec 2010. It has the 'he' technology- an idealistic hoax, I mean, belief that your clothes can still be clean with..."
- "Bought this sectional in 2010 told it would wear as good as or better than leather. Every part of the sectional has flaking except one panel we had..."
- "I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK, DO NOT GO HERE! I went to the school two weeks ago for a hair cut, and it's so choppy and uneven. I wanted..."
- "I received four different shipments on December 28, 29, 30, and 31, with a total of 11 out of 12 ordered charms. I used the website contact page to..."
- "Bought through Costco, $1400 on 9/25/14..... always some issue, rebooting all the time... Well, last Saturday 12/3/16, the NVR was making a grinding noise. I removed the cover and turned..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "I bought a box of Suzy Qs and opened the package and got a weird chemical smell. I could barely choke down one ***, I threw the rest out and..."