We purchased a Maytag Centennial washer 35 months ago.We noticed our clothes getting discoloring stains on them and after investigating found rust only along the bottom 6 inches of the tub.
We called a repairman to come check it out, according to him the rust wasn't coming from the steel tub with porcelain coating, rather it was coming from the steel backing and was rusting its way through to the tub.
I kindly called Maytag customer service and was told since it was a cosmetic failure they wouldn't do anything. When asked to speak to a supervisor the arrogant customer "service" rep said "I am authorized to handle this matter." and straight up refused letting me speak to a supervisor. I called back and got a different rep and asked the same thing and was also denied.
Long story short, less than 3 year old washer, full of rust, Maytag won't do a thing about it.
The only help I got was from the Home Depot where I purchased it from that gave me $75 off of a 10% appliance sale.Needless to say we didn't and won't ever be purchasing a Maytag appliance again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Maytag Centennial Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Brand new top of the line $1300 dryer and it develops rust within 2 months. Probably the rust developed much sooner. Afterall why would you check for rust in..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "I ordered yarn off amazon it specifically says packa of three on their ad more then once and they emailed me saying it was Amazon who messed up which is..."
- "I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK, DO NOT GO HERE! I went to the school two weeks ago for a hair cut, and it's so choppy and uneven. I wanted..."
- "Bought this sectional in 2010 told it would wear as good as or better than leather. Every part of the sectional has flaking except one panel we had..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."