Ogden, Utah

We purchased a Maytag Centennial washer 35 months ago.We noticed our clothes getting discoloring stains on them and after investigating found rust only along the bottom 6 inches of the tub.

We called a repairman to come check it out, according to him the rust wasn't coming from the steel tub with porcelain coating, rather it was coming from the steel backing and was rusting its way through to the tub.

I kindly called Maytag customer service and was told since it was a cosmetic failure they wouldn't do anything. When asked to speak to a supervisor the arrogant customer "service" rep said "I am authorized to handle this matter." and straight up refused letting me speak to a supervisor. I called back and got a different rep and asked the same thing and was also denied.

Long story short, less than 3 year old washer, full of rust, Maytag won't do a thing about it.

The only help I got was from the Home Depot where I purchased it from that gave me $75 off of a 10% appliance sale.Needless to say we didn't and won't ever be purchasing a Maytag appliance again.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments

That's how I feel about Maytag.Never ever will I buy or recommend Maytag.

Something legal needs to be done!