1.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I received the Certificate of Occupancy on my new home November 11, 2016. I couldn’t wait to start using my gorgeous Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer!

At first I thought the problems were simply user error. I carefully read the users manual, called Maytag customer service for help, experimented with different detergents, different softeners, different cycles, smaller load sizes, different heats… to NO avail. The laundry is NOT getting clean. Items are coming out covered with soap *** and dirt!

In addition, the laundry has deeply set wrinkles. I have tried different settings on the dryer and even tried taking the clothes out still damp but the wrinkles are set and will not come out. 12/2/16 Service Technician came out to troubleshoot and said the washer and dryer show “no error codes and test ok”. Nothing he could do to fix.

12/15/16 Service Technician came out to trouble shoot above problems & another new issue, dryer was flooding my laundry room with water. Again, there were “no error codes”. However, he was able to see the water shooting out the front of the dryer door. He then called Maytag engineering to troubleshoot and ultimately stop the water but he could not repair the problem of the wash machine not washing & the deeply set wrinkles destroying all my laundry.

The Service Technician was told by Maytag Engineers (File #771781529) that “this is a flaw with the new washers designed after 2015 and can not be fixed. He then instructed me to run my laundry through and additional wash cycle with out detergent, followed by another rinse cycle, finally ironing each item after drying complete!” I was sold a faulty product & demand a refund. I have repeatedly called Maytag customer service and requested these units be returned or bought back. I was told there are no refunds or exchanges under any circumstance.

NO ONE at Maytag cares about this problem. They are happy to keep footing the bill to send repair people to my home to try to fix the problem. I have another Service Technician scheduled to come out 12/20/16.

I will continue to schedule service appointments, every day if I have too, until this is resolved! I thought I was purchasing a top of the line product from a trusted company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with look of the washer and dryer and stated that there is a room for improvement of no accountability and customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of maytag washing machine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2500. Maytag needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned maytag washing machine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Maytag.

Comments

WP2008

Thank you for your review.

We're very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your Washer.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address Whirlpool_Reviews@Whirlpool.com with your Reviewer ID 974262, name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance.

Thank you.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #1303287

i have the same problem with this substandard machine

Des Moines, Iowa, United States #1269482

I have had the same problem with my clothes and the residue on them. Some loads aren't even completely wet.

Sorry to say I have put up with it and just today decided to contact Maytag. I also have a brand new Bravos set that we put in our new house in August.

I noticed today that they have just come out with a new washer that has an actual agitator and the tub actually fills with water. Wish I had purchased a different set from a different brand.