Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Dec 03, 2020

I contacted Maytag directly regarding the INSIDE of the Bravos XL washing machine RUSTING from the bleach dispenser. This is a KNOWN issue but Maytag refuses to take responsibility.

Their first response was to fix it myself and they included instructions on how to fix rust on the OUTSIDE of the machine. I replied and reiterated the issue is RUST ON THE INSIDE of the machine. This was their (canned) response:

"Thank you for visiting the Maytag website. We appreciate hearing from you.

I hate to learn that your washing machine dispenser is rusting.

As with any man-made machine, our appliances are susceptible to the possibility of a failure. When that failure occurs depends greatly on many variables. We do have the warranty in place to help you when these failures occur within the first year, and we do offer extended warranties in case something might happen beyond that."

The e-mail went on to discuss their warranties and how to file a warranty claim.

REALLY MAYTAG??? The Hotpoint washer I had for over 20 years prior to this piece of garbage NEVER rusted.

Not on the inside OR the outside. This should NOT be happening. This is not something that is happening due to "variables". The rust from the bleach dispenser is a known problem and many people have reported the issue to Maytag.

One could only assume Maytag will continue to manufacture their appliances with this problem and continue to tell consumers "too bad, so sad". This is a serious problem not only for consumers who are purchasing these appliances only to have them "fail" after a few years but also for the environment which will be full of their rust bucket washing machines.

I will never purchase another Maytag appliance nor will I recommend them.

User's recommendation: MAYTAG WASHING MACHINES RUST FROM THE INSIDE.

Maytag Cons: Poor costumer service, Poor product quality and no refund, Not caring for customer safety, Bad for the environment.

Comments