Maytag Bravos Washing Machine failed in 3 years
On Jan 31, 2011, we bought a Maytag Bravos Washing Machine, installed (aren't they all) for $538.71.Thirteen months later (yes, just outside the 12 month warranty), we paid Fred's Appliance $239.71 for a "shifter." In December of 2014, the Maytag didn't work, and on January 14, 2015, Fred's Appliance told us we needed a main gear case repair for $496.96.
That's right, the cost of a new one. Yep, less than three years old. The Maytag has a 10 year (second through tenth year) Limited Warranty, apparently limited to a meteor striking your Maytag. I had to pay Fred's $86.35 for the pleasure of their 20 minute visit anyway.
So, for three years use, I paid $538.71 + $326.06(repairs) = $864.77. I called Maytag, many times, to get to the proper decision maker, who offered me a rebate of $75 if I bought a new one of their dogs. I told her, with all due respect, that was pathetic and that I would spread the word.
Go, therefore, and be healed, but don't buy a Maytag/Whirlpool appliance.(We bought a Speed Queen, the ones they use at laundromats, from B&B Appliance).
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Too Late; Maytag offered a $75 rebate if I bought another Maytag. Huh?
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bravos Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."