Westlake, Ohio
Featured 100% full

On Jan 31, 2011, we bought a Maytag Bravos Washing Machine, installed (aren't they all) for $538.71.Thirteen months later (yes, just outside the 12 month warranty), we paid Fred's Appliance $239.71 for a "shifter." In December of 2014, the Maytag didn't work, and on January 14, 2015, Fred's Appliance told us we needed a main gear case repair for $496.96.

That's right, the cost of a new one. Yep, less than three years old. The Maytag has a 10 year (second through tenth year) Limited Warranty, apparently limited to a meteor striking your Maytag. I had to pay Fred's $86.35 for the pleasure of their 20 minute visit anyway.

So, for three years use, I paid $538.71 + $326.06(repairs) = $864.77. I called Maytag, many times, to get to the proper decision maker, who offered me a rebate of $75 if I bought a new one of their dogs. I told her, with all due respect, that was pathetic and that I would spread the word.

Go, therefore, and be healed, but don't buy a Maytag/Whirlpool appliance.(We bought a Speed Queen, the ones they use at laundromats, from B&B Appliance).

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of maytag washing machine from Maytag and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $8647 and wants Maytag to "too late; maytag offered a $75 rebate if i bought another maytag. huh?".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Maytag for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments

Escondido, California, United States #1227533

I am extremely unhappy with the Maytag Bravos ecoconserve.Not only does it not clean our laundry but the lock mechanism rusts out.

We replaced it approximately a year ago and again it's showing signs of rust.

Without the lock mechanism working the machine will not function.This is by far the worst washer ever, I should have stayed with the Sears brand.Also the Maytag refrigerator we purchased is poor quality.

Appliances used to have longer warranties but consumers wanted lower prices.Manufacturers went to a 1 year warranty to lower prices.

At that time service contracts were offered to cover repairs beyond the 1 year warranty. People including yourself then had the option of a lower price or paying for the longer protection.

It was your choice not to purchase a service contract and save some money up front.Looks like you would have been well ahead if you had spent a few extra dollars on a service plan.

to Anonymous #972414

Blame *** customer service and poor workmanship on Maytag's part on the consumer, why don't you?