Maytag Bravos Washing Machine failed in 3 years
On Jan 31, 2011, we bought a Maytag Bravos Washing Machine, installed (aren't they all) for $538.71.Thirteen months later (yes, just outside the 12 month warranty), we paid Fred's Appliance $239.71 for a "shifter." In December of 2014, the Maytag didn't work, and on January 14, 2015, Fred's Appliance told us we needed a main gear case repair for $496.96.
That's right, the cost of a new one. Yep, less than three years old. The Maytag has a 10 year (second through tenth year) Limited Warranty, apparently limited to a meteor striking your Maytag. I had to pay Fred's $86.35 for the pleasure of their 20 minute visit anyway.
So, for three years use, I paid $538.71 + $326.06(repairs) = $864.77. I called Maytag, many times, to get to the proper decision maker, who offered me a rebate of $75 if I bought a new one of their dogs. I told her, with all due respect, that was pathetic and that I would spread the word.
Go, therefore, and be healed, but don't buy a Maytag/Whirlpool appliance.(We bought a Speed Queen, the ones they use at laundromats, from B&B Appliance).
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Too Late; Maytag offered a $75 rebate if I bought another Maytag. Huh?
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bravos Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "after 3 calls to the repair company, 1 to customer service, a trip back to the store of purchased and posting on facebook maytag washers suck then a call from..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."