This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
Resolved
2.2
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 06, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund.

Update by user Dec 06, 2020

The staff at Maytag is excellent in trying to convince you that they owe you nothing. I received close to a dozen form letters that said "sorry for your lose but it is time to move on..........." I also received several telephone calls which reiterated the same message.So, I did move on to the parent company, Whirlpool, who realized that they manufactured a mechanical mess and listened to my story..

We have settled on an amount that we are both satisfied. Hopefully, my new Maytag will last longer than four years, If not I know know who to call.....................

Original review posted by user Oct 21, 2020

I bought a Maytag washer on 5/20/2016 and it died on 10/20/2020. The agitator plate and the transmission both had stripped bolts and could not be repaired for under the cost of a new washer.

The 10 year limited parts label affixed to the top of the washer is bogus The repair man said I had to buy a new machine. I bought a new Maytag washer for $809.99 from Costco.I thought I was covered for 10 years, so I never thought this would happen. I never received a notice from Sears or Maytag Corporate by mail, e-mail, or telephone that the washer was no longer warranted.

Don't you think I should get a full refund for the cost of the new Maytag of $809.99. I am 77 years old and live on my Social Security....

User's recommendation: Don't trust either Maytag or the retailer to remind you that your warranty has expired.

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Washing Machine.

Maytag Cons: Consumer of their product is not taken into consideration.

Comments