Update by user Oct 04, 2017

Correction: My dryer that did not have a good steamer was NOT a Bravos. It was a LG.

Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2017

My Bravos washing machine started slight rusting around the bleach dispenser shortly after we purchased it. I didn't think it would be a problem so I kept using it to wash our clothes.

I do not use bleach with every load and I do not use a lot of bleach. Started noticing little brown spots on our clothing. I threw some clothes away...not making the connection. Well, check the internet...it's a known problem with these high end machines and Maytag doesn't give a hoot.

They have issued no recall and they won't do a darn thing about it. I have contacted them personally. NADA. I will never buy any appliance made by Maytag again.

You better believe they know about this problem because it has been reported again and again to them as documented by customers like myself all over the web. Maytag is NOT taking care of the customer! This "Bravos" is their so called "high end" product line. Maytag is not a good company to buy a washing machine from and I would not trust them on any appliance anymore.

Incidentally, my Bravos Steamer never worked on my Dryer.

I just threw a wet towel in to steam clothes dry. Both of my machines are still "under warranty" by the way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Maytag Cons: Bravos bleach dispenser rusting ruining numerous clothing items.

• Maytag customer service
  • Bleach
  • Washing Machine
  • Bleach Dispenser

Comments

TranquilInsect180

Same problem here, rusting around the bleach dispenser. Machine is 5 yes old and we noticed the problem about a year ago.

We're long time Maytag users but no more! Whirlpool, get your act together and take care of this continuing problem.

AnchoredUmbrellabird

I have the same problem. What genius Maytag engineer thought it was a good idea to put a bleach dispenser next to a hinge.

Pure stupidity!!!

I am so mad that I spent the money on this machine only to have to replace it 4 years later. Don’t buy this machine.

I have experience the same issue and Maytag did not give two s*'" I regret buying the machine..please stay away. PS . Only 21/2 yrs into ownership..

#1719824

I have the exact same problem. My bravos xl has rusted all around the bleach dispenser and the back rim.

GrizzledCichlid432

I am having the same issue with rusting around the bleach dispenser. As a long time Maytag appliance user, I contacted Maytag and their response is "I am glad to say there are no recalls on model MVWB450WQ1 has had the lowest repair rate of any other appliance manufacture on the market today for the past five years.

While other consumers may have had an issue with the appliance in the past, it is possible that those issues were caused by factors such as use and care as well as a regular failure. This is why we provide a standard warranty with all of our products. would have to recommend service so that a certified technician could inspect the unit. We can assist you with scheduling service with a local certified technician.

You may also visitwww.maytag.com/owners and click on Schedule Service to arrange a service appointment. Due to the discrepancies with anonymous and unverified forum posts, we rely solely on the communications between our technicians and our engineering teams to determine if there is a common problem resulting from a quality defect or design flaw.

Thankfully, your appliance is not affected by either at this time. YES NOW I AM A PISSED CONSUMER TOO.

ZonkedXRayTetra

The Maytag Bravos XL I own has been rusting for a while. The areas are under the lid along the edges, around the bleach dispenser and outside of the washer near the bleach dispenser area.

I will be contacting Maytag to see how to remedy this. I was surprised to read that it is a wide-spread problem with these washers.

I purchased a Maytag Bravos XL Series MVWB725BW in 2014 and to this date, it is working great. It's Jan 13, 2019 and today I just noticed underneath the top of the washer's inner edges of the chlorine compartment area and the detergent compartment that there is rust building up.

As I wiped the edges with a clean rag, I noticed paint peeling along the inner and outer edges of the top area. I don't understand why Maytag won't acknowledge this issue. This washer was not properly prepped for primer and painting. I had a Maytag washer prior that lasted me 25 years before my Bravos XL.

My old Maytag never had rust and it was still working when I donated it. MAYTAG should investigate and acknowledge this issue.

@Anonymous

Dear Anonymous: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you. Maytag Social Care

@Anonymous

It's 2019 and our washer is 6 years old, it's been ruining clothes for a couple years! When i read this it was almost a four word what I just told my husband... rust rust

NosyBarb897
@Anonymous

Discovered my Mayatg Cetennial washer is rusting and after reading all the comments regarding rust issues, I now know why. I guess I will stop using the bleach dispenser and hope it lasts me a while longer.

Maytag need to do the right thing and recall these units. $500 lost

I have rust all around the inside of the washer and also around the bleach dispenser, and I Do NOT use bleach, it has ruined a lot of clothes as well. We are so unhappy with the situation. Maytag should stand behind their products!

Same with our set - steamer never worked and the bleach dispenser corner is rusting...

I have a Maytag washing machine: Model # MVWC565FW0 High Efficiency Serial Number: C65140932I am ruining my clothes that I always washed and dried but NEVER IRONED. They come out of the washer already wrinkled.

They will not unwrinkled even after the dryer – I have tried every heat setting! I never had this problem with my old washing machine and I also could use any heat setting and it did not matter.

All towels are now constantly “soured”.Even with "deep fill" it will add just enough water to get the clothing wet, then agitates for about 10 minutes, then it fills up, agitates for 3 more minutes and drains.This machine takes 1 hour to complete a single load of laundry.This is LOUD, it bangs around like someone beating metal bars.All clothes, everything we own, is wrinkled – ALWAYS!Where were all the bad reviews when I did my homework in shopping for a washing machinePreviously I had a GE washer and dryer – absolutely the best – when the washer played out I bought Maytag – never again if this is not resolved. Please let me trade this in on a real washing machine – please!!

WP2008

Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Maytag regarding your appliance. We are happy to look into your concerns but we will need your model and serial number, your Review ID Number (1109781), the website you were contacted on (pissedconsumer.com) and date of purchase emailed to Maytag_Review@maytag.com.

@WP2008

2019 and our 6 year old set is also ruining clothes, has been for couple years. This rust is ridiculous! Horrible washer and yes takes an hour to do a load and it stinks!

WP2008

We're very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your Maytag® Washer. We would like to inquire further about your review with you.

Please respond back to this email address Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com with your Review number 1109781, the name of the site you were contacted on (pissedconsumer.com), your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please include a brief description of your concerns in your email.

Thank you. Maytag® Social Media Relations