Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Oct 04, 2017

Correction: My dryer that did not have a good steamer was NOT a Bravos. It was a LG.

Original review posted by user Oct 03, 2017

My Bravos washing machine started slight rusting around the bleach dispenser shortly after we purchased it. I didn't think it would be a problem so I kept using it to wash our clothes.

I do not use bleach with every load and I do not use a lot of bleach. Started noticing little brown spots on our clothing. I threw some clothes away...not making the connection. Well, check the internet...it's a known problem with these high end machines and Maytag doesn't give a hoot.

They have issued no recall and they won't do a darn thing about it. I have contacted them personally. NADA. I will never buy any appliance made by Maytag again.

You better believe they know about this problem because it has been reported again and again to them as documented by customers like myself all over the web. Maytag is NOT taking care of the customer! This "Bravos" is their so called "high end" product line. Maytag is not a good company to buy a washing machine from and I would not trust them on any appliance anymore.

Incidentally, my Bravos Steamer never worked on my Dryer.

I just threw a wet towel in to steam clothes dry. Both of my machines are still "under warranty" by the way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Bravos bleach dispenser rusting ruining numerous clothing items.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 03, 2017.

Comments

I have rust all around the inside of the washer and also around the bleach dispenser, and I Do NOT use bleach, it has ruined a lot of clothes as well. We are so unhappy with the situation. Maytag should stand behind their products!

Same with our set - steamer never worked and the bleach dispenser corner is rusting...

I have a Maytag washing machine: Model # MVWC565FW0 High Efficiency Serial Number: C65140932I am ruining my clothes that I always washed and dried but NEVER IRONED. They come out of the washer already wrinkled.

They will not unwrinkled even after the dryer – I have tried every heat setting! I never had this problem with my old washing machine and I also could use any heat setting and it did not matter.

All towels are now constantly “soured”.Even with "deep fill" it will add just enough water to get the clothing wet, then agitates for about 10 minutes, then it fills up, agitates for 3 more minutes and drains.This machine takes 1 hour to complete a single load of laundry.This is LOUD, it bangs around like someone beating metal bars.All clothes, everything we own, is wrinkled – ALWAYS!Where were all the bad reviews when I did my homework in shopping for a washing machinePreviously I had a GE washer and dryer – absolutely the best – when the washer played out I bought Maytag – never again if this is not resolved. Please let me trade this in on a real washing machine – please!!

WP2008

Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Maytag regarding your appliance. We are happy to look into your concerns but we will need your model and serial number, your Review ID Number (1109781), the website you were contacted on (pissedconsumer.com) and date of purchase emailed to Maytag_Review@maytag.com.

WP2008

We're very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your Maytag® Washer. We would like to inquire further about your review with you.

Please respond back to this email address Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com with your Review number 1109781, the name of the site you were contacted on (pissedconsumer.com), your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please include a brief description of your concerns in your email.

Thank you. Maytag® Social Media Relations