I too bought a stove (Maytag) with the infamous 7403P331-60 membrane keypad which goes bad every year or two (starts beeping with the F1 error code). I bought my stove in 1994 and have replaced the keypad about eight or nine times.

Maytag customer service was totally in denial that this is a part which is poorly designed (either by incompetence or on purpose). Remember those commercials with the bored Maytag repair man? What a joke. At least I watched how the repair was done and have done all replacements of this part by myself.

One thing is for sure I will never buy another Maytag appliance on principle and if possible I will avoid electronic controls on my next stove. Oh, if you think you can stop the annoying beeping by disabling the beeper- good luck it is not in the appliance diagrams.

I think it is built into the clock module.

Review about: Maytag Range.

Comments

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Maytag. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Maytag) or Twitter (MaytagCare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

I have the same issue. I too learned how to replace only out of survival for having to pay the repairman to show up.

I thought the maytag repairman was sitting around with nothing to do. I'm sure they're spending alot of time with F1 problems.