I too bought a stove (Maytag) with the infamous 7403P331-60 membrane keypad which goes bad every year or two (starts beeping with the F1 error code).I bought my stove in 1994 and have replaced the keypad about eight or nine times.

Maytag customer service was totally in denial that this is a part which is poorly designed (either by incompetence or on purpose). Remember those commercials with the bored Maytag repair man? What a joke. At least I watched how the repair was done and have done all replacements of this part by myself.

One thing is for sure I will never buy another Maytag appliance on principle and if possible I will avoid electronic controls on my next stove. Oh, if you think you can stop the annoying beeping by disabling the beeper- good luck it is not in the appliance diagrams.

I think it is built into the clock module.

Review about: Maytag Range.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Maytag.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Maytag) or Twitter (MaytagCare).Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

I have the same issue.I too learned how to replace only out of survival for having to pay the repairman to show up.

I thought the maytag repairman was sitting around with nothing to do.I'm sure they're spending alot of time with F1 problems.