Bought my new Matag Bravos 300 washer/dryer in Dec 2008.Paid a fortune for it.

Loved it. Washed our clothes so well. It saved on water as advertised. 3 1/2 years later it threw a bearing....cost way too much to fix it....repairman said that Maytag has had bearing issues.

Wjy can't you recall the appliances effected? Do I need to replace a washer/dryer every 3 1/2 years. BTW..dryer does work, just keeps breaking the clips in the door that make it work!! You can bet that I am not buying Maytag again.

The kicker, we spoke to a Maytag rep at the store where we bought it, BEFORE we bought it. Boy did she sell us a bill of goods. We also bought the service agreement.....that is how you all make your money.

Don't know about every one else, but by the time you keep your appliances in service contracts, you have got new appliances several times over.

Had an Experience with Maytag?

Comments

Kernersville, North Carolina, United States #958730

I bought a Maytag Bravos XL Series 6/10/2013.One and 1/2 years in, the transmission has gone out.

I did call Maytag about the extended warranty only to learn it only covers the motor and basket.

Very disappointed to say the least.Will not ever buy another Maytag product.

WP2008

Hello Consumer.We truly apologize for the frustrations you have experienced with your washer.

If you would like us to look further into your concerns, please email us directly at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com .

Please include your name, User ID, complete contact information, the full physical address where the washing machine is located, along with the model and serial numbers.Sincerely, Andre W.

Came across this web site and seems as good a place as any to vent frustration I also bought my Maytags in 2008 I seem to have had better luck than most of the people I have read about.It is June 2014 and being married to a commercial fisherman I do a lot of laundry.

In the past few months the washer has gotten a lot louder and it really does sound like a jet taking off, however it never was what I would refer to as quiet to begin with. I will assume some responsibility in the purchasing of Maytag machines as I only went by what I had always heard about how good their products were and how well they preformed. In this day and age of internet I should have been more diligent and did the research, in the future I will not make this mistake again. After reading on this site and others about how expensive it is to repair them.

When they finally die they are going to the land fill I will not even bother spending good money after bad.It is really a shame that the name of such a fine old, and trusted company has now come to mean Junk

Maysville, Kentucky, United States #670113

I am here for the same reason.I'm researching whats wrong with my maytag Bravos 300 series and I have the same problem.

Mine is 3 years old and is giving an OL error code with very few items in the machine. Before the error code the machine when spinning sounds like a rocket taking off in the laundry room. What a disappointment. This machine has not been abused.

Just youtube maytag bravos and you will see how common this problem is.

Steer clear.

WP2008

Hello Anonymous and Mad at Maytag.My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washers. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer), your user ID name (Anoymous and Mad at Maytag),review number 325308 for anonymous only, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Maytag.Digital@wmaytag.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.

That is very interesting, on 6-15-2012 I had the exact same problem with my Maytag Bravos quiet series 300 washer that I bought in the fall of 2008.They are wonderful until they break down which is often.

Bought a new LG washer and dryer yesterday!I am done with Maytag!!!