Verified Reviewer

Featured

I purchased a Maytag dishwasher from Lowes in September 2020. They recommended ordering early even though it was not needed until Feb 2021. The item was delivered in Feb 2021. We checked the box and it was not damaged. The item was installed in March 2021. We ran the dishwasher for the first time on March 29. It leaked water on the floors and into the basement ceiling. The installer was called back, pulled out the machine, lifted the white insulation and found that the back was dented in causing *** for the water to leak from.

I contacted Lowes who would not help because it was 30 days beyond the purchase and was told I needed to deal with Maytag

Maytag scheduled a service rep from VIA to come out to "repair the item". The service rep said it looked like it had been hit with a forklift and was not repairable. He said he would contact the Maytag rep to advise.

Three days later I heard nothing so I called Maytag. The customer service rep said the last note in my file was "That's a NO".

When she researched "that's a NO" further it appears that the VIA service rep followed the wrong' process. That he should have contacted the diagnostic team. They planned to send another rep out today to follow the correct process. However I was contacted by the service rep that Maytag had reviewed the notes and determined that all they needed to do was send a new tub.

I spoke with several people at Maytag questioning how a new tub was going to repair the dent in the frame. They did not have a good answer. They also told me the new tub is on back order with no scheduled delivery date.

User's recommendation: Do not buy from Maytag.

Product or Service Mentioned: Maytag Dishwasher.

Preferred solution: Replacement machine, installation and pay for replacement of hardwoods and ceiling in basement. .

Comments

#2019156

The dents you are showing are in the tub. It seems like the cost of the tub and labor would exceed the cost of a new dishwasher. Common sense would have been to send you a new dishwasher.

#2019581
@PissedConsumer2019156

Sadly common sense did not prevail

Maytag Reviews