1.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Dec 31, 2017

Maytag/Whirlpool, you STILL SUCK !!!Sunday 31 December 2017 10:00am ESTIt is now the last day of 2017 and you still have not done diddly-squat.

That's got to be because you couldn't give a frickin' rat's tuckus about your products, me, or your customers. All you obviously care about is sucking in our money. I'm telling you, dudes, this Washer is now and has been CRAP from the day I got it. Even your people can't get it working right, but you still do not care.

Why? It's because you already have MY MONEY. I should think that you would at least be a little bit curious about finding out what is wrong with this thing. I mean, at least from the perspective of an engineer or a technician.

Don't you wonder what the $#!% is wrong with something you sell when it doesn't even fill enough with H2O, causing me to have to use a GARDEN HOSE just to get the G$% D&@$ M@*&!# F#$%ing thing to go through a full wash/rinse cycle ??? I mean seriously!!! The piece of $hit is still here if you want to come and see it, try it, and/or take it just to find out what the F$%# is going on with the crap you sell. Come on, man!

Do the right thing!! You have my info. Give me a call and just have the F%^$ing cajones to show even the slightest interest in the crap you gave me for $650 bucks. There is an option to mark an issue as 'resolved' on this great website.

THAT WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER HAPPEN until you at least contact me and come out to see for yourself what I'm talking about. Trust me, I'm not crazy: I'M JUST P!$$ed !!!!! But I suspect that after two years of neglect and inability to diagnose/fix whatever is wrong, you have about as much chance of CARING about this situation as does a snowball's chance in ***. Well congratulations, you suckered me once and got away with it but there is no way in the universe that that will ever happen again.

And since I have an extremely good legal footing (i.e. EVIDENCE), I have absolutely no fear relaying my facts and opinions to others about your utter disregard for the slightest bit of decency in dealing with and treating the customers upon whom you prey to make a living. Way to go, JACKA$$E$ !!!!If you hired Johnny Cochran, Alan Dershowitz, and Janet Reno even they would never get one d@mn red cent out of me for telling the world how badly you suck!Yous people should be ashamed of yourselves. When I started this inquiry process by calling you and Lowes 2 years ago, I was very sedate while calmly trying to gather/provide information for a reasonable resolution to the issue at hand.

Well, 2 years later I have a much more irate resolution - - - a New Year's Resolution: Tell all 7+ billion good, decent, honest folks never to deal with you F#@%ing Ba$^ards !!!!!! I tried from the onset in GOOD FAITH to deal with you ***$ to settle this thing and got NOWHERE. Well Happy New Year, and here's a belated CHRIST-Mas present for you: :-( Rot in ***, Maytag/Whirlpool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Signed, Rev.

d.a.h.The Church of PI$$edoffedness

Update by user Oct 18, 2017

Maytag Sucksssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update by user Sep 16, 2017

Maytag, you still SUCK !!!You send out 2 repairmen and even they can't get the #%@ *&!^ thing working right.I had to hook up a garden hose in my deep sink just to add enough water to the wash and rinse cycles so that my clothes don't get thrashed around like that chick at the beginning of Jaws!

You should be embarrassed about the way you suck in people's money but don't care if your crap product doesn't work.SHAME ON YOU !!!  I will NEVER mark this issue as resolved until I either get a fair amount of my money back or you exchange this piece of crap for a brand new one that works right.  Until then, YOU STILL SUCK MAYTAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update by user Mar 11, 2017

Still no reply as of Saturday, 11 March 2017 at 04:32am.

Like it says for my status: "ISSUE NOT RESOLVED".

Thanks for your post-purchase, sincere concern Maytag...

Original review posted by user Mar 01, 2017

Any attorneys out there interested in starting a Class Action Lawsuit against Maytag to help us little guys band together against this corporate giant?Based on my experiences and those of many others on message boards like this one, there is more than enough evidence to demonstrate that this product is flawed in its basic design and engineering.

They tried to get rid of the agitator to make more room for clothes and other laundry but it backfired on them. That *** little spinning thing at the bottom simply does not agitate the clothes properly. Also, that device does not adequately compensate for the reduced amount of water. It was a gallant attempt to conserve resources but it failed miserably.

I have had most of the things happen to me that you see in all the other posts at this website, plus others. Apparently I am not alone. I have contacted Maytag with absolutely NO SATISFACTION!! In fact, believe it or not, I just got off the phone with them and THEY TRIED TO SELL ME ANOTHER WASHER !!!!!

Can you believe it??? Now I'm even MORE Pi$$ed! This model MVWB835DW (and probably others like it) is a LEMON. I admitted that by myself I am not able to fight a huge company with endless resources; however, I did warn them that if we can get enough of the other folks who have been burned (figuratively - not literally) by trusting in a name-brand like Maytag, they will RUE THE DAY that they turned a deaf ear to hearing our frustrations.

AVOID MAYTAG AND WHIRLPOOL unless you want crappy treatment AFTER they've gotten your money!!

I would also like to mention that the Lowes store in Lancaster PA was no help either.They too are great at SELLING you things and TAKING your money, but if you call them even a few days after the return period of 30 days they tell you "tough luck, buddy - you are Maytag's problem now!".

Review about: Maytag Mvwb835dw Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: PRORATED Refund of $500.00 (Five Hundred Dollars).

I liked: Look of the washer and dryer, Stated capacity big enough for large items like comforters.

I didn't like: Does not clean well, Dispensing of softener and detergent not even, Rough on fabrics due to thrashing of clothes, Once water did not stop had to pull plug.

Comments

I purchased a maytag bravos washer in april 2016.In december 2017 it stopped working.

It was total junk from the getgo. I went with the maytag brand because i am old enough to remember when maytag was the gold standard for washers.

I bet the maytag repairman is not lonely anymore.I would never purchase anything made by maytag again.

#1382021

I bought a Maytag washer model # mvwx655dw

It is the worst washer I have ever had.Doesn’t clean clothes, clothes come out soapy and it is horribly noisy.

I bought it at Home Depot. I have only had it 13 days but they tell me they will only take it back within 48 hours of delivery. I just can’t believe it.

Does anyone know of a positive resolution to this?I have never heard of a store that would only take an appliance back within 48 hours of delivery.

I certainly hope there is a law suit.If any company ever deserved it, it's Maytag/Whirlpool.

They monkeyed around with us for 18 months.

We finally just gave up after the last repairman said it would take 4 hours for him to tear it down and repair it and he just wasn't going to spend the time!So now we have a $514.00 broken down machine sitting in our garage waiting t be hauled away,,,and we have to pay for that , of course.

to rottlivr #1370036

Maytag, you still SUCK !!!

You should be embarrassed about the way you suck in people's money but don't care if your crap product doesn't work. SHAME ON YOU !!!

I will NEVER mark this issue as resolved until I either get a fair amount of my money back or you exchange this piece of crap for a brand new one that works right.Until then, YOU STILL SUCK MAYTAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willmar, Minnesota, United States #1333876

I have had the same exact frustrations with my Bravo XL washer that I bought 1 year ago. I have been watching for any kind of class action lawsuit for this very defective product for months now. I hope you can get something going.

to HateMyBravoXL Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States #1334048

Sorry to hear that.It is frustrating, isn't it?

Either they (Maytag/Whirlpool) don't understand or they don't care. Even as of this past weekend I still have problems, the main one being the water level. What I have to do with every load is to wait a couple minutes after it gets started, then push the pause button, and after the lid unlocks I pour in about three or four more gallons of water. THAT SUCKS !!!

I'm getting so tired of baby-sitting this piece of $hi+ (oops, sorry!).

Trust me, I am not a litigious person at all. I've never sued anyone in my 56 years and I've never been sued. I like to work things out amicably. Around here in Lancaster County when you shake someone's hand and make a deal or purchase you put more than money on the line - - - you put your reputation.

It's hard to keep, but easy to lose. Well it looks like Maytag/Whirlpool might get away with this one, but it will catch up with them eventually. As more and more people get duped into buying this new technology the chances go up that it will eventually come to a head. They can swindle us little guys, but if some attorney at a big law firm gets bitten on the butt by one of these contraptions, watch out!!

I will join in on that lawsuit in a heartbeat. I'm still considering the local TV news as a means of judging how widespread this really is. You know, one of those "on-your-side" consumer reporters. I have a gut feeling, based on internet reviews, that there are tons of folks like us out there who just don't know where to turn for justice or how to get something going.

When the ground-swell starts though and others who have been pushed around jump on the band wagon, this could be a billion dollar class-action lawsuit.I paid $650 for my "Clothes-Thrasher", so even just having to refund a million and a half units is $1 Billion bucks.

I can't wait to hear a judge say "Judgement for the Plaintiffs" !!!!!

to HateMyBravoXL #1341139

Just wait.The motor which is a WARRANTY part died.

Had one service tech verify contacted Maytag who said we HAD to use an authorized tech. Got one of those to verify it was the motor. Oh and by the way I can't get it for two months. Two months went by and we were told to call maytag direct because he couldn't get a replacement.

Now we've spent 150 in service calls and we're informed that the don't make that motor.Thank you for being a maytag customer..

to Anonymous Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States #1341225

Sorry for your loss too. Join the crowd.

I'm still having to add water MANUALLY !

This thing sucks.

Beginning to think we're all just $¢r3w3d !!

Maytag $ux. Whirlpool $ux because they destroyed what USED TO BE a good company.

They should both be embarrassed, but obviously aren't...

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States #1321958

Update as of Friday 28 April 2017 at 09:45am

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I had received the reply below from 'WP2008' on March 15th and immediately responded with the information they requested.The next day I got a call and, after describing my situation, they set up a service call for March 21st.

The gentleman on the phone said there would be no charge for the visit, parts, and/or repairs (this turned out to be TRUE). The repair tech went through several tests and determined that there is a water level issue with the washer. He also said there is only one thing they could try to do to fix this. He had to order a part (I think it was the major computer board that controls all operations).

In just a few days, the repair company called back to say they got the part and we scheduled another NO CHARGE visit. A different tech came out, also quite knowledgeable as the first one, and he installed the part. He made sure the washer was at least operable but was not able to verify that the repair would work. He mentioned that it might take a few cycles for the machine to "self-adjust" to the new board.

I hoped this repair would work and resolve the issue, but I still do not get enough water.

I'm now convinced more than ever that either this model is not appropriately designed or else I just plain got a LEMON. Based on all the other people I read about on the internet having the same problems that I have, I don't think this is an isolated 'LEMON' case. I think some genius with a very high Engineering IQ was tasked with reducing the amount of water consumption per laundry load and came up with a solution that looks good on paper but fails in the real world.

Do any of you readers out there have documentation that would be helpful in building a case to get some kind of class action settlement or other compensation? I'm thinking about starting with one of our local TV stations that have an "On-Your-Side" consumer advocate who can help put pressure on Maytag to do two things:

#1.

Settle these cases out of court #2. Provide honest, full disclosure of the issues for these new washers to potential consumers before they make the same mistake we did. Anything short of that, I'm $crewed and Maytag/Whirlpool wins.

I guess maybe you can't fight City Hall, and you can't fight big business Corporate America...:-(

to MaytagBadWasher #1369071

I am with you after replying to a social post on face book I was contacted by Maytag..they will only pay for the service call to diagnosing the problem but we are responsible for the repairs.

But they did offer us a discount on a new washer!

The customer service proceeded to tell me that we are not using our new technological washer correctly..!!I told her I have continued to use the machine as directed by manufacture direction ..calling the service company I asked if this is a common service call and the dispatch said it is very common call from consumers complain about the issues on Maytag/ whirlpool washers.