Maytag Defective Refrig-MSD2651HEW

432 of 500 Maytag Reviews
Mar 15, 2010
review #174822

Quality is NOT part of the Whirlpool/Maytag Appliance line.

The above named refrigerator SHOULD be listed on the 1.9 million items under recall--AND it is dangerous as IT cal start a home fire.Nov.2009 was the start of a NIGHTMARE with this.

The first time I smelled what was the Start relay overheating--cost to fix--over $200.

February 2010 while I was not at home the defrost board finished shorting out causeing compressor over heat and DEFROST going HOT--HOT enough to defrost everything and in some instances partial cook some of the meats in teh freezer--HAD I not returned when I did there is a good chance a fire would have started--THIS is from the MAYTAG repair man.THIS unit can NOT be repaired as MAYTAG failed to make KEY repair componets--TOTAL JUNK.

I also own 5 other MAYTAG products ALL of which have had major problems--Maytag acknowledged liability by offering a 100% parts and labor repair--knowing that THE componets needed were NOT available--I will be posting to FACEBOOK MYSPACE and other blogs more details--

ac52dca
Had an experience with Maytag?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
432 of 500 Maytag Reviews
jscusmc69

Mar 24, 2010

UPDATE----24 March 2010---MAYTAG's Product Safety department Melonie Mann offered to BUY back my fridg---ONCE again NOT taking into consideration MY looses---FIGURE is $545.00 WHICH is still totally unacceptable to me. :( :(

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Maytag.
Filing a new complaint about
×